Friday, May 23, 2014

Airbrush Makeup For Acne Prone Skin - User Review

As a woman with acne, I am always on the lookout for the best makeup for acne prone skin. There are so many options to choose from that it can be overwhelming when faced with the decision of which one to buy. I have tried them all: liquids, powders, powder compacts, cream to powder, stick, mineral, and so on. As I walked past my local Sephora store recently, I finally succumbed to the temptation to try airbrush makeup, which I had never used before. or those who are unfamiliar with it, airbrush makeup is a system for applying makeup using a machine which sprays a fine mist of makeup onto your skin. It has been used in the modeling and professional makeup world for years to create a perfect "photo finish", but has not been readily available for the general masses. The traditional systems can be bulky and complicated to use and keep clean. They are also fairly expensive. Believing that the airbrush makeup system would be too complicated for me, I was very skeptical when I sat down to have the salesperson apply it to my face. She showed me how to insert the makeup pod and set the amount of coverage I wanted. I then closed my eyes as she turned on the machine. All I felt was a faint breeze and it was difficult to believe anything was on my skin when she stopped. However, when I opened my eyes and looked at my face it looked absolutely flawless! The salesperson then used the machine to apply bronzer, blush, and illuminator. The result was as good as you could get with a good photo editing software, but in real life.

The big question that remained was whether the airbrush makeup would make me breakout or would irritate the blemishes I already had. I first had to let the makeup dry completely before touching my face at all. Then I decided to dust on some of my bareMinerals Mineral Veil for some oil absorption. I found that the illuminating finish that the salesperson had applied was too shiny for my taste.

After about 10 hours of wearing the makeup, I took a look in the mirror again. The perfect finish had not changed at all. While this was impressive, the real test was when I removed the makeup and how my face looked the next morning. It was easy enough to wash everything off with my makeup remover and cleanser. There was no irritation at all. The next morning my skin looked great and, if anything, better than before.

I definitely believe that airbrush makeup is an excellent product for acne prone skin. For oily skin, I just suggest using an oil control powder on top of the makeup once it has fully dried. I would also use an additional corrector for extremely dark undereye circles. If you are using an acne treatment and moisturizer, you will have to let it dry completely before putting on the makeup.

For those that are worried about the difficulty of applying airbrush makeup by yourself, you should know that it does take practice. The new Temptu system that I tried seems to be the easiest one out there. It definitely lived up to the expectation of achieving a flawless look. My plan is to use it for long days, parties, big events, and when my skin is having a really bad day. The rest of the time I will use my bareMinerals makeup to conserve cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment